Relationships

So I’ve been single for three years now and I enviously look at all my friends with boyfriends. I don’t know why - the single life can be pretty cool. You can do what you like when you like - with no commitments. But I miss the company and the stability of a relationship with someone.

I’ve had some really rubbish dates and I’ve also met some cool people off Tinder who are now real good friends of mine. But I don’t think dating apps are the way forward for those of us who crave a relationship. Sure, it’s on the rise - but for the most part, all the guys I match with can’t commit to being with one person or are just here for sex.

What’s even worse is - you don’t even know who is on the other end of the phone. They could be posing as a 21 year old graduate and instead are a 50 year old man ready to pounce at any minute. I heard a story of a girl who had met a guy and felt sick so asked to go home, she asked him if he wanted to have a coffee and then saw him out. She went to bed and heard scratching downstairs so immediately called the police. The police told her that her door was locked from the inside so the likelihood of someone else being in there was slim. She gave them permission to kick down the door and found her supposed date placing plastic covering over her sofas alongside a saw and hammer on the floor. He had drugged her, taken both his and her keys, left the house before creeping back in and locking the door behind him.

Okay, so this is an extreme incident, however you should never meet someone at theirs or your house until you truly know them. You never know who they really are. 

Comments

Popular Posts