#MeToo

Everytime I hear a case in the news about yet another sexual abuse case I think, you go girl but at the same time I also think - not another one.

Women are not sexual objects. They are not judged or classed by their sexuality, how they dress or by how many people they have slept with.

It sickens me to think some men think they can get away with actions like this, especially men in power. These people should be promoting gender equality, not increasing the gap even more than it already is! 

Now now, I’m not saying everyone or even the majority of guys are like this, I know plenty of male advocates for feminism and gender equality - unfortunately, there is a small minority that give men a bad name.

I also really dislike how most of these cases are opened when the accused has died; how women feel more safe to come clean when the predator is no longer around. 

Recently, I went to some public toilets where on the way out of the ladies there are some “Ask For Angela” business cards on the side for the female population to pick up and remember that they are never backed into one corner on a night out. Harassment is not funny, nor is it cool or wanted.


Comments

Popular Posts