A reflection on the past year

As the year draws to a close, and the festive celebrations are taking place, let's have a look at what has happened over the last year.

Amongst the mahem of gun shootings across America, another year of Trump's reign, more confusion over Brexit, the extinction of the white rhino and the near victory for England in the World Cup - there have also been a few nice historical events. Ones like - another Royal wedding, new music to come from Abba and the repeal of the 8th in Ireland.

However, on a personal note, this year has been one of the hardest years I've had to face.

After being dismissed from a job I was unhappy with, volunteering in a country on the other side of the world and dealing with a psychotic episode it's safe to say I'd like to say 'See Ya' to 2018.

In retrospect, there have also been some positives: I've also met some lovely people along the way, learned more about my limits and developed closer relationships with people I already knew.

Even more include buying my own car, losing weight, exploring different genres in literature and writing concert reviews for an online music magazine.

Do I know if I'm going to have a repeat in 2019? Absolutely not. Do I want to know? No. Let's embrace the unknown and uncertainty.

Merry Christmas, however you're spending it I hope it is a good one. And I truly hope 2019 brings a lot of joy and luck.

Comments

Popular Posts